Volunteer Umpires Needed!
KIYBSC Softball teams are playing with UQA Little League this season and need Volunteer Umpires!!!!
The season is upon us! In order to give our kids the best experience possible, it is necessary to get volunteers to umpire all games played in QAC. This allows us to put right back into the program. We will need to supply 2 umpires for all games (a field umpire and a plate umpire). (This is for our KI Softball teams also!)
Below are the links to the sign ups for both baseball and softball:
1) Every HEAD COACH needs to sign up to work at least TWO (2) games - the head coach will sign up for both games of their choice using his/her name. The coaches DO NOT need to umpire the games! Coaches can ask assistant coaches and team parents to volunteer to support the team. It is just mandatory to supply 2 people for those games.
2) ANYONE can sign up for other/additional games to work - we will take as much help as you're willing to give!
3) Anyone 12 years of age or older can work a game and the Umpire in Chief (Trey Carlson) will sign for service learning hours. These umpires (under 18) would be on the field with an adult over the age 18 and they would only be field umpires.
As an added incentive, every person who participates as a volunteer umpire will have the chance to win a prize. You will receive one entry into a drawing for each game you work. At the end of the season, we will randomly choose 3 people to win a gift card to a local business:
- $150 for the first drawing
- $50 for the second drawing
- $25 for the third drawing
If you can help, please respond as soon as possible to LittleLeague@UQALions.org and please pass along the word to others. Thank you for ANY and ALL support!!”